I just uploaded my final 2012 season photo gallery to this site!! Just in time for the summer.
My photo gallery for the Berwyn Route 66 Car Show on September 8, 2012 is here; that gallery being the one that made the season a ‘wrap’.
I shot almost 20,000 photographs for the season. I have 7,419 photos, that met my lofty standards, from 2012 in website galleries including Cruise Nights, Car Shows and two loosely affiliated concerts.
In the fall of 2011, I took my son to Cigars & Stripes in Berwyn for some famous smoked hot wings but Ron told me because of the just ended Route 66 Car Show, he only had one order left, which Paul and I had to share. Undaunted, I came back for this year’s car show and more terrific hot wings (I did have to tone down the “Hottest F#$kin’ Sauce‘). Estimates were as high as 600 cars and the biggest Berwyn Route 66 show ever; I couldn’t see all the cars. Two of the fellows I’ve met at these shows won awards today: Tom took the Raging Ragtop prize for his Coronado Red 61 Pontiac Bonneville and Alan the Mighty Mustang honors for his orange ’69 Shelby Cobra (I didn’t get a picture until hours later when I saw ‘them’ at Hodgkins).
In keeping with the ‘oldies’ theme of cars and oldies music, none other than Dick ‘the wild I-talian’ Biondi of Chicago’s True Oldies Channel WLS (94.7 FM) was the emcee and awards presenter (I’m not saying you are old Dick, merely that when thoughts turn to Oldies music, no one plays them better!). IMO, he is the finest DJ of all time and at his ‘Toys of Tots’ drive a few years ago I told him how I’d first heard him on my transistor radio in 1961 from 500 miles away playing Del Shannon’s big hit on WLS-AM.
top of page
Music the DJ played at Route 66
- I’m Telling You Now by Freddie and The Dreamers
- Have I the Right by The Honeycombs
- You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me by Dusty Springfield
- (Living Right) Next Door To An Angel by Neil Sedaka
- Earth Angel by The Penguins
- Little Old Lady From Pasadena by Jan and Dean
- Cecelia by Simon and Garfunkel
- Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles
- Angel Of The Morning by Juice Newton
- I Get Around by The Beach Boys
- There I Said It Again by Bobby Vinton
- Dancing in The Moonlight by King Harvest
- Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes
- Going to San Francisco by Scott McKenzie