Bentron Financial sponsored a Car Show at Constitution Court on Madison Street in celebration of Senior Week. Many of the cars were Forest Park regulars. Read on to see my ‘teaser’ gallery (as I find time to edit the rest of my photos) and music I heard at the show.
It’s the first time I’ve seen this local 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Lakewood station wagon.
I have seen Jim’s 1946 Nash Ambassador before but just met him at the show Saturday. He bought it about 6 years ago from an owner in Pueblo,Colorado and it was ‘tired’. The body had no rust but the chrome had pitting. The interior was falling apart and dust fell out of the headliner every time he drove over a bump. The motor is original, a 234.8 cu. in., 112 hp straight six with overhead valves; it needed a ring job. Serial numbers indicate this car was built between V-E Day and V-J Day in 1945. The car was originally dark & light two-toned; Jim opted for modern two-tone colors. Jim has driven his Ambassador as far as Rockford.
My ‘teaser’ gallery
- Let It Go by Zac The Brown Band
- Wild World by Cat Stevens
- While You See A Chance by Steve Winwood (with Eric Clapton)
- Old Man Down The Road by John Fogerty
- Give A Little Bit by Roger Hodgson
- Centerfield by John Fogerty
- Free Fallin by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers