Showcase Classics emceed Berwyn’s Cruise Night and played the oldies; for a sampler, click here. They also chose the awards. Two cars I wanted to find more about were a 1954 Ford Customline and a 1958 Edsel Corsair. I only found the Ford’s owner, Rick, so I have some details on this car.
Rick bought the Ford 7 years ago and it had been restored ‘original … plus’. The motor is a 6 cylinder with 223 cu. in. He had to replace the head and the intakes. He fabricated a dual exhaust and lowered it 3 inches. The mirrors were replaced and stashed in his toolbox. Restored upholstery is covered with blankets to protect it from his dogs and dirt. The paint is a factory two tone combination, Kilarney Green for the body and Highlander Green top.
Marshall’s Edsel is on my list to learn moreabout at Riverside next week as I saw the car there last month. Marshall has owned this 1958 Edsel since 1988. It had a frame-off restoration 25 years ago.
Music I heard at the event
- Shout by The Isley Brothers
- Bus Stop by The Hollies
- Ramblin’ Man by The Allman Brothers Band
- Tequila by The Champs
- (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding
- La Bamba by Richie Valens
- Kicks by Paul Revere and The Raiders
- Runaround Sue by Dion and the Belmonts
- Little Bit O’ Soul by The Music Explosion
- Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets
- Love Is All Around Me by The Troggs