Rain threatened and that must’ve scared cars away and the scheduled piano player didn’t make it either. I’ll ‘borrow’ some oldies music from another show here.
The first car of interest to me at the show was Chris’ 1959 Lincoln Continental Mark IV. He found it 8-9 years ago on the night of a Downers Cruise Night as the ladies looked at the other cars. The car has 24,107 original miles, largely attributable to the first owner having declared it too big to drive in the city so he stored it under a tarp in a heated garage for 35 years. He’s created his own web page here and he owns the copyright to all his photos there. He’s the 5th owner of this car which has a 430 cu. in. V-8 and a 4 bbl carburetor producing 350 bhp. This 5200 pound vehicle is almost 19 feet long.
Ron bought a wrecked 1958 Bonneville when he was 18 years old for half the cost of a new one and he kept it for 4 years. Now he has this fully restored ’58 Pontiac Bonneville ‘back’. The motor is an original 370 cu in v-8. He did all the work himself. The car was first sold in Ohio and then ‘moved’ to South Carolina and Ron became the third owner when he bought it; this Pontiac sat in a garage for 18 years.
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Chuck’s 1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible (had to confirm the year) since it’s the exact image of Charlie’s 1976 Eldorado, which he’d bought new in 1977. The color of both cars is Phoenician Ivory.
Frank has a number of great cars and this is his Plymouth Fury. I very much like his 1960 Chrysler 300.
Teaser photo gallery
- Sweet Little Sheila by Tommy Roe
- Needles and Pins by The Searchers
- I Should’ve Known Better, by The Beetles
- I Fought the Law by The Bobby Fuller Four
- Bend Me, Shape Me by The American Breed
- Sugar & Spice by The Cryan’ Shames
- Kind of a Drag by The Buckinghams
- Gloria by The Shadows of Knight
- You’re The One by The Vogues
- Little Bit O’ Soul by The Music Explosion
- (Just Like) Romeo & Juliet by The Reflections
- Peggy Sue by Buddy Holly
- Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett
- That’ll Be The Day by Buddy Holly
- (My) 409 by The Beach Boys
- Runaway by Del Shannon
- Love Potion # 9 by The Searchers
- Route 66 by Chuck Berry
- The Twist by Chubby Checker (American Bandstand performance)
- Secret Agent Man by Johnny Rivers
- Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison Come a Little Bit Closer by Jay and The Americans
- Fools Rush In by Ricky Nelson
- Ferry Cross the Mersy by Gerry and The Pacemakers