It was a great time at Lombard Cruise Night last night; Flashback 50s DJ Tony played dozens of oldies. As I was headed to the event traveling on Roosevelt Road through Maywood, I saw this big old Ford station wagon with antique plates and at a light, ascertained he was indeed going to Lombard Cruise Night. His passenger asked ‘wanna race’ but I demurred. (I actually did get there first!). It’s a 1970 Ford Country Squire station wagon with a 390 V-8 but the owner was not by the car in the bank lot so I have no more information now.
My photo gallery for the event is now online at this link.
I spoke with several of the owners of cars I’ve shot in depth (see the cars of Frank (’51 Pontiac), Jim (’65 Mustang) and Mike (’65 Impala Super Sport) because the cars were special to me (I like red and chrome and the cars of my youth) and I had a chance to learn more about the vehicles. The first ‘family car’ I recall was a big black 1958 Oldsmobile 98 that my mother drove and I’ve seen 55, 56 & 57 Oldmobiles at Lombard. Every car has a story and if you see me at a show, tell me about your car.
- The Wanderer by Dion and The Belmonts
- Baby Love by The Supremes
- Well All Right by Big Joe Turner
- Girl Happy by Elvis Presley
- Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen
- Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison
- My Boyfriend’s Back by The Angels
- Hot Rod Race by Ramblin Jimmie Dolan
- Louie, Louie by The Kingsmen
- Hawaii 50 by The Ventures
- Dream Lover by Bobby Darin