I saw Mike (’65 Turquoise Impala Super Sport) last night in Lombard and he mentioned today’s Brookfield Car Show and even though he gave me directions, I had to resort to my iPhone’s map feature. Mike was there as was Charlie (’64 one-owner Chevrolet Corvair, but no Corvair today). I’d guess there were 200 cars or more.
As of Tuesday July 31, I have photos from seven car shows yet to edit.
As of Sunday the 22nd, I am still editing and ‘developing’ photos of four events and it will take me time.
I struck up conversations with four ‘new’ owners & cars hope to see these fellows & vehicles again so I can flesh out their stories.
- Joe’s Alpine alpine turquoise ’65 Cadillac Sedan DeVille has only 17,000 original miles, a 429 and 8-track.
- Don’s burgandy 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria in unrestored and beautiful, having won seven show trophies this season including one from the Inaugural Woodridge Cruise Night.
- Bill’s 1966 red Ford Thunderbird … he recognized me and pointed out that he sits with Bob at Monday Westchester Cruise Nights; Bob often brings his 1955 Chevrolet Bel Aire Coupe with a Continental kit; I have many pictures of the Bel Aire and also of this T-bird.
- April’s red and white ’58 Chevrolet Yeoman station wagon was similar to the vehicles my family traveled in (no seat belts then) as I was growing up. The mister brought the car to the event.
- If you don’t see your car here, you may not have been near your car when I was or there was simply not enough time. But “I’ll be back!”
Here is a ‘teaser gallery’ of my photos from Brookfield; please be patient while I catch up on my photos.
- She’s Not There by The Zombies
- Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin
- Save the Last Dance For Me by The Drifters
- Baby I Need Loving by The Drifters
- What’d I Say by Ray Charles
- Chain Gang by Sam Cooke
- Knowing me, Knowing Youby ABBA
- Touch Me In The Morning by Dianna Ross
- The Rythm Is Gonna Get You by Gloria Estefan
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
- Chantilly Lace by J.P. “The Big Bopper” Richardson
- Sweet Little Sixteen by Chuck Berry
- I Can’t Stop Loving You by Ray Charles