Once again, Paul outdid himself with a great show and a great band, The Meteors. Eariler this season I went to Westchester but, due to technical difficulties, I have no pictures of that night. So I’m adding an ‘extra helping’ of the long list of oldies tunes they played. Click here for YouTube videos of music the Meteors covered.
I’ve uploaded the event’s photo gallery here.
I zeroed in on four cars this week:
- Rich’s 1958 Plymouth Savoy Hemi (I thought I had earlier photos of this car but not so). He has a 331 Hemi engine from a ’55 Chrysler (the hemi having been dropped that option in ’58). The interior has all been updated and he took out the push-button gear shift in favor of a console mount.
- Jim’s 1939 Graham Two Door Combination Coupe
- Bob’s ‘cherry’ 1955 two-tone Chevrolet Bel Aire Coupe (this beautiful car has a juicy story too)
- Herb’s ’65 Formula Five Cobra but was confused by another one with the same paint scheme.
The Meteors performed these songs for us and YouTube videos follow.
Some of the music we heard at this event
- Sweet Little Sheila by Tommy Roe
- Needles and Pins by The Searchers
- I Should’ve Known Better, by The Beetles
- I Fought the Law by The Bobby Fuller Four
- Bend Me, Shape Me by The American Breed
- Sugar & Spice by The Cryan’ Shames
- Kind of a Drag by The Buckinghams
- Gloria by The Shadows of Knight
- You’re The One by The Vogues
- Little Bit O’ Soul by The Music Explosion
- (Just Like) Romeo & Juliet by The Reflections
- Peggy Sue by Buddy Holly
- Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett
- That’ll Be The Day by Buddy Holly
- (My) 409 by The Beach Boys
- Runaway by Del Shannon
- Love Potion # 9 by The Searchers
- Route 66 by Chuck Berry
- The Twist by Chubby Checker (American Bandstand performance)
- Secret Agent Man by Johnny Rivers
- Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison Come a Little Bit Closer by Jay and The Americans
- Fools Rush In by Ricky Nelson
- Ferry Cross the Mersy by Gerry and The Pacemakers