What a grand night for Cruise Night in Westchester with the rockin’ 50s-60s Oldies band The Ragtops, click here for YouTube videos of songs they covered. Of course thanks to Paul for putting on this shindig. Incredible weather, friendly people and terrific cars. I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but the dancing blonde, with pigtail, polka dots, capri-length jeans jeans, bobby sox and white bucks but didn’t want her face on the internet. She was perfectly attired for the 50s-60s scene.
Check out the after dark Harley shots at this link.
Mike and Joe have been buddies ‘since birth’ and they were born one day apart and because their names start with ‘Sy’ and ‘Sz’ they were right next to each other in the nursery …. ‘a friendship born in speed’ (?). Mike’s pal Butch brought his one-owner ’85 Chevrolet Malibu V-8, one of the last years a V-8 was offered in that model.
top of page
Fred and Dawn brought their ’62 Chevrolet Corvair Spyder with Turbocharged flat-six engine. The car loves 110 octane Sunoco which costs $ 7.50 a gallon, but it usually gets only 93 octane premium fuel. Fred had a Corvair in high school when he lived in Southern California; and then they married so the car went. Three years ago, Fred ‘got his car back’. They just returned from a Corvair convention in Massachusetts.
top of page
Scott drove his two tone ’58 Buick Special. This car was the Buick counterpart to the first car that was special to me, my mother’s black 1958 Oldsmobile 98 four door sedan had very similar chrome treatment as this Buick.
top of page
John and his wife drive their ’55 Buick Special, ‘old blue’ quite a bit.
Herb brought his ’65 Formula Five Cobra but I spent so much time flagging him down, I forgot to shoot his car tonight.
I was attracted to these lighted bikes after sunset.
- Kind of a Drag by Chicago’s own The Buckinghams
- Devil With a Blue Dress by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels
- My Girl by The Temptations
- It’s Not Unusual by Tom Jones
- At The Hop by Danny and the Juniors (American Bandstand)
- Wipeout by The Surfaris
- Sherry by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Rock around the Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets
- Traveling Man by Ricky Nelson
- Do You Love Me by The Contours
- Sugar Pie Honey by The Temptations (in concert)
- La Bamba by Richie Valens
- Buld Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations
- Soul Man by Sam and Dave
- Warm California Sun by The Rivieras
- Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger and The Silver bullet band