Another great time and an incredible turnout in Lombard Saturday night; cars were everywhere and some were unable to park. One that I missed was Bill’s rare 1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser, which I saw only Cruisin’.
Flashback 50s DJ Tony provided the oldies music (scroll or click here).
I picked the cars in these photos because I’ve done stories about them or want to. When I saw Ernie’s ’37 Pontiac I did a double take because there was a very similar Pontiac coupe right behind it. Jim’s black ’57 Oldsmobile 98 Starfire is special to me because it is the closest car to my earliest recollection of a car in my family (we didn’t have Tri-power). Here’s Russ’ burnt orange ’08 Lotus Exige S, Tom’s candy apple maroon ’52 Chevrolet Custom Convertible, a cool motorcycle cruisin’, Dick’s black ’47 Buick Special, Frank’s red ’51 Pontiac Chieftan Convertible and Jerry’s ’09 260 hp Saturn Sky (here’s his ’66 Pontiac GTO).
- Hit the Road Jack by Ray Charles
- Burning Love by Elvis Presely
- Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin
- Goin’ Out of My Head by Little anthony and The Imperials
- Poetry in Motion by Johnny Tillotson
- Come a Little Bit Closer by Jay and The Americans
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
- Candy Man by Roy Orbison