What a hot Cruise Night for the Forest Park 2012 season finale event. Cars were packed in everywhere and some even double parked! The ‘regulars’ for this event include many domestic makes and three Lotus Esprit’s but there were three ‘new’ Lotus machines as well. Scroll down or jump to my ‘teaser’ photo gallery.
Jim is a friend of several other car owners and I recently learned his name and realized I’d shot his Ford before at Westchester & Lombard.
Entertainment was provided by the rockin’ Smith and
McMahon McMann band MySpace page is here) and here are scroll down (or jump) to hear YouTube originals of some of the songs they covered (scroll down or click here for my music section).
I am ready to tell a story for Tom’s red 1966 Thunderbird (bottom left in gallery) and Don’s white 1966 Dodge Charger, “mom’s car” (bottom right in gallery) that was bought on the spur of the moment. Jump to the bottom of the ‘teaser’ photo gallery.
top of page
Teaser gallery of ‘up the throat’ shots
top of page
Some of the very eclectic song list played by Smith and McMahon
- Girl From Ipanema by Antonio Carlos ‘Tom’ Jobim (the composer) & Joao Gilberto
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- Hello Mary Lou by Ricky Nelson
- These Boots Are Made for Walkin’ by Nancy Sinatra
- Honey Don’t by Carl Perkins
- Walking After Midnight by Patsy Cline