Holy #$%t, what an incredible night for cruisin’:
1) the weather was marvelous, temps in the low 70s & 2) there was a full moon ‘over Cozzi Corner’.
75th street was a disaster so it was late when I arrived but I love night shots. Had to hurry and post my second ‘moon over’ Cozzi gallery at this link (the first was from Wood Dale on August 30th here).
The DJ was the Dennis ‘the Big Bopper DJ’ and he spun some great oldies. See YouTube videos of the songs he played here. Three awards were given to a ’51 Buick, ’57 De Soto convertible and a yellow ’36 Ford Three window coupe. Look here.
Moon over Cozzi Corner
I was facing South toward 75th as I shot these; unfortunately only light colored cars could be photographed in the dim light.
top of page
I also shot the DeSoto in Westchester several times so I remember the owner is the tall fellow with the hat and dark shirt.
top of page
Music over Cozzi Corner
- Hey Little Girl by Dee Clark
- Thank The Lord For The Nighttime by Neil Diamond
- Wipeout by The Surfaris
- Stayin’ Alive by The Bee Gees
- My Maria by Brooks & Dunn
- New Orleans by Gary U.S Bonds
- Big Girls Don’t Cry by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- Proud Mary by Tina Turner
- Mack the Knife by Bobby Darin
- She’s Not There by The Zombies
- Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison
- It’s The Same Old Song by The Four Tops
- Midnight Special by Credence Clearwater Revival