What a grand day for the season ending car show in Riverside. I met at least a dozen friends from car shows (unfortunately I did not see Bob’s 1955 Catalina. and my pal Marty even snuck into a photo in the ‘teaser’ gallery along with a handful of (known) award winning cars at this show. There were 297 cars registered and a boatload of cars that won awards, and I couldn’t capture all.
All people I spoke with liked this very rare 1950 Hudson Commodore convertible. At the end of the show a woman said that her husband had owned a Hudson and it was terribly unreliable but the smoothest riding car ever!
Rather large teaser photo gallery
Music we heard at Riverside’s big show
- Never My Love by The Association
- Lady Madonna by The Beatles
- Walk Like A Man by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons
- Silouettes (On The Shade) by Herman’s Hermits
- Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters
- Shout by the amazing Isley Brothers
- Let The Little Girl Dance by Billy Bland
- A Rose in Spanish Harlem by Ben E. King
- Green River by Credence Clearwater Revival
Amazing Isley Brothers performance from 1959