Dennis the ‘Big Bopper DJ’ emceed and the Claremont Drive band performed oldies music. Great night and a mostly full parking lot for the next to last Cozzi Cruise night of the season. It seemed like Mustang night … they were everywhere. This is a link to my teaser gallery and my music section is here.
I met Dick and his 1947 Buick
Special Roadmaster at Downers Grove earlier this year (perhaps 10 Aug). It ‘sports’ a ‘straight eight’. The car is almost ‘all original’ except for the reupholstered front seat and radial white wall tires.
Carl is a very familiar face with his blue 1969 Mustang but I just got a chance to introduce myself. He’s had this vehicle since 1975. The motor is a 347 with a 4 barrel carburetor. He has driven the car 5,000 miles a year. Although it’s a street car, he has drag raced the car and his best time was 2.2 at 112 mph.
Tom brought his Coronado Red his 1961 Pontiac Bonneville convertible with factory Tri-power and bucket seats (rare). I’d first met him at Westchester and saw a very close match to this car at Riverside on Sunday. George’s ’60 Coronado Red Bonneville (in my Riverside teaser gallery) had a four barrel carburetor; George was surprised that I knew the color. We concluded there are three of these vehicles in the area. Unfortunately for me, Tom left before I could employ my tripod on some night shots of his vehicle.
Teaser multiple exposure gallery
top of page
Music covered by Claremont Drive band
- We Gotta Get Outa This Place by Eric Burdon and The Animals
- (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones
- You’re The One by The Vogues
- Little Red Riding Hood by Sam The Sham and The Pharaohs
- Tobacco Road by The Nashville Teens (a British group)
- I’m A Believer by The Monkees
- Little Bit Of Soul by The Music Explosion
- Hard Day’s Night by The Beatles
- All Shook Up by Elvis Presley
- Wake Up Little Suzie by The Everly Brothers
- Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds